In Castle Hill, massage treatments for overall health and well-being are just-a-few-taps-on-your-device away. Day Spa offerings at Temple Skincare & Spa are not only relaxing but unforgettable spa experiences that revive the body and the soul.
Our lives are busier than ever it seems. We slowly leave the pandemic behind and at the same time, embrace new, exciting adventures. As our lives become busier, more digitised (this includes spending more time in front of screens for social media for example), and given the years of social distancing, we are now more touch-deprived than ever.
Touch deprivation or skin hunger occurs when we have little or no physical contact with others. For instance, shaking hands, hugging, pats on the back, and an arm around the shoulder. Humans are social beings and need touch for our emotional, mental and physical wellbeing. People who suffer from skin hunger may exhibit aggressive behaviour, body image issues, high stress levels, anxiety, loneliness, fear of attachment and unsatisfying relationships.
Massage Treatments to stave off skin hunger
Leave it to the hands of our professional Temple Therapists to lull you into the most divine relaxation that your body, mind and soul need. Feel your muscles melt with the confident and expert movements from the treatment. Let go of all the tension and stress.
Temple owner Rene’s personal philosophy is, “I believe that there is something special & healing we can offer through kinetic touch and we can truly bring about change to a client’s soul through that time we have them in our care. As therapists we are privileged to be in an industry that is actually allowed to touch another human being. I believe that we can achieve our client’s best skin yet as well as care for their mind, body and spirit.”
Benefits of Massage
Increasingly, there is a growing number of clinically-proven benefits of massage to our health. It is always wise to consult your physician for advice, but some of the benefits of massage treatments are:
- Reduces stress and anxiety — Focusing on the repetitive and soothing movements will automatically put your mind and body at ease. The reassuring and safe touch helps reduces stress-hormones like cortisol for relaxation.
- Improves sleep — Our body repairs itself when asleep. Hitting the sack with relaxed and loosened muscles will help you fall asleep easily, and you’ll feel less tired in the morning! Do you know that Temple Skincare & Spa is open up to 8PM on Mondays and 9PM on Thursdays? Highly recommended for an after-work stress-reliever especially if you live in Castle Hill or the Hills District.
- Lessens pain and muscle tension — Tension headaches, tightness and knots in muscles, migraines, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, and even Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be eased with regular massage therapy.
- Relieves constipation — If you are constipated or experiencing digestive issues, massage can help you get rid of bloating and the discomfort.
- Detox — Massage stimulates the lymphatic system and releases toxins from the body.
- Ease symptoms of depression — A good massage session releases endorphins and elevates your mood, makes you feel energised and banishes negative emotions.
- Improve cardiovascular health — Massage is good for the heart!
Ease the symptoms of touch deprivation with Face and Body Massage Rituals at Temple
Facial massages and treatments at Temple are focussed not only on relaxation but also in attending to your skin concerns like inflammation, ageing, dryness and dehydration, dullness, sun damage, rosacea or acne. Temple is known for the award-winning results and treatments, not only in Castle Hill but also in national Spa and Beauty awards organisations.
Among the most sought-after Day Spa treatments is our Temple Signature Facial which includes a Visia Skin Analysis to take a look at the deeper layers of the skin, or problem areas that we can not immediately see. We then customise the treatment to your skin’s needs. Then, there’s also the Vitamin C Brightening Facial that always wows our clients because of the natural glow and radiance achieved. The Better than Botox Facial is an all-time favourite. Fine lines and wrinkles disappear, skin is plump and lifted, and the luminousity in skin is just a joy to our clients. Even better results are seen with an LED Light Therapy boost.
An even more irresistible add-on (or just as a solo treatment!) is a heavenly Head, Neck and Scalp Massage with Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. This is is an age old healing artform of holistic therapy. It allows for the relief of mental fatigue, the calming of thoughts and easing of stored tension. The warm hair mask provides deep conditioning and invites rest for the mind.
View this post on Instagram
Temple Skincare & Spa Body Rituals like the Signature Spa Massage, the Stress Relief Massage, Relaxation Massage and Remedial Massage are all tried and tested kinetic healing therapies to loosen tired and tense muscles, leaving you feeling soft and calm. Many of our clients often say that they are left “floating” and with moods lifted and energies replenished.
Described as one big long hug, the healing Lomi Lomi Hawaiian Massage (soft and flowing movements) cleanses too by releasing toxins from the body through the stimulation of the lymphatic system. The Native Oil & Hot Stone Massage is also quite popular because of the temperature of the heated stones used. It’s extremely good for muscle aches, fluid retention, and tired stressed souls… definitely brings about balance and well-being. For those seeking to brighten the skin and enjoy a gentle exfoliation, the Organic Body Buff is a must. Not only does it promote better blood circulation, clients love the instantly smooth texture on their skin.
A must-have is the Paradise Foot Restoration treatment. Get your tired feet (and calves) massaged and taken care of with exotic oil infusions and restorative soaks. The feet also has pressure points that activate rejuvenating energies to virtually every part of your body.
For those needing a total escape into calm and welcoming surroundings, there are a number of Spa Packages to choose from too. Luxuriate in an enjoyable and unhurried space. Yes, you can lounge and take a dip in the pool! It is heated during cold months. All you have to do is bring your cossies and you’re all set. Where else in Castle Hill can you get a beautiful spa experience and a swim?!
The moment you walk down the jasmine-lined steps, you’ll already feel peaceful and free of any worries or stress. The Ultimate Indulgence is always, always a special client favourite. Book this one for birthdays, anniversaries, or just about any reason at all! Not only will you feel spoilt and pampered, but you’ll also get some expert touch therapy from head to toe.
Wanting to share the moment with your SO or bestie? Maybe some bonding time with Mum or your sister? The Couple’s Retreat is the number one pick. We have a two-bed suite where we book clients for this so it’s perfect for bonding time. Your professional Touch Therapists will treat you to a revitalising Refresher Facial and a blissful full body Relaxation Massage. Feel a sense of balance and a release from stress instantly. Then, savour the moment with a light lunch from our Spa Menu by the pool; maybe order some champagne for a celebratory feel.
Another popular pick is the Temple Signature Massage. You’ll have a memorable time with an:
- Aromatic foot soak scrub
- 90 min Signature Body Massage
- Paraffin infusion to trouble areas
- Pressure point face massage
- De-stress scalp massage
For a touch-deprived individual, committed to a day of relaxation and the full benefits of massage, this spa package is it. Or try the Ecstasy Combo for a longer spa experience. Too busy? Opt for the Revive Massage treatment instead.
Wake up the senses and the spirit with a Reinvigorate session. Feel the fatigue slip away with a beautiful scrub and body rub, focussing on tense shoulders and a headache-busting head and scalp conditioning massage. Finish off with a facial and then a pretty pedicure.
Transport yourself to an exotic island with wild scents and oils with the Coconut Lime Blossom Skin Renewal or Royal Milk and Honey Ritual. Both will not only bring you the benefits of calming, reassuring kinetic touch, but also skin nourishment (antioxidants) and soothing hydration. Dry brushing will exfoliate and promote good blood circulation on the skin for health and overall well-being.
View this post on Instagram
Touch Sensitive from Skin Hunger?
Ease yourself into the massage treatment experience. Rest assured that at Temple, we continue to maintain strict safety protocols so that all you have to do is enjoy the moment. We genuinely care about your safety and well-being. In fact this is why we foster a caring, kind, non-judgmental and family space. Here are also some pieces of advice to make you feel comfortable:
- Please arrive at least 15-minutes ahead of your appointment. This will give us an opportunity to get to know each other; to walk you through what to expect; and, address any questions or concerns you might have.
- You don’t need to bring anything to your appointment except yourself.
- We are an inclusive community. Our clients are part of our Temple Family whom we treat with love, kindness and respect.
- The in-spa dress code? Robes!
- Let us know when you book if you are going to use the pool so we can prepare. Don’t forget your swimmers.
- If you are uncomfortable with nudity during a massage, you can leave your undergarments on. Temple also provides disposable underwear that you can use. Temple Therapists are also trained to drape correctly to protect your dignity and modesty.
- The Temple Team is an all-girls team. You are safe with us.
- Some clients fall asleep, snore, drool or pass gas… these are all okay! The Temple Team members are professional, discreet and are very understanding.
- Communicate with your therapist to let her know if the pressure is too hard or too gentle. It’s okay to chat, but we often notice that clients naturally become silent in the first few minutes as they begin to appreciate the treatment.
- Need to cancel? Please call at least three days ahead of your scheduled booking. Otherwise, fees will apply. As a small business, this courtesy will allow us to contact people who are in our waitlist to take your place.
See you in spa soon!
Castle Hill massage treatment options are many but the signature Temple Touch is unparalleled. We are proud of the unique amenities we offer and the thoughtful Day Spa services that you can choose from for a healing and re-energising spa experience.
Rene best expresses it by saying,
Everything we do at The Temple is aimed at exceeding every client’s expectations on every visit… this is the “Temple way.” Each and every treatment performed at The Temple, is performed with love and a true passion for what we do. It doesn’t matter if you are having an $18 brow wax, a complete day spa ritual or a medi-spa bootcamp… we love and care for all our clients the same. Our clients and our staff are our “Temple Family.” We are blessed for you to be a part of our purpose… [It’s] something bigger than us.
For queries on bookings and services, or to consult on a skin concern, please phone us on (02) 9634 2411 or send us an email at email@example.com.