Cosmelan Chloasma or Melasma depigmentation treatment is now available at Temple Skincare & Spa!
Cosmelan is a highly effective Chloasma and Melasma treatment used by many esteemed Medical and Spa Professionals worldwide. The treatment helps to reverse unwanted dark patches on the skin known hyperpigmentation and this treatment is especially effective on the most stubborn hyperpigmentation known as Melasma and Chloasma.
Hyperpigmentation concerns are a growing, global issue; they affect more than 90% of adults over the age of 50. It is caused by abnormal production of melanin, the pigment responsible for skin color, and is a consequence of uncontrolled, localized overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, causing irregular skin coloration and dark spots.
There is a two-step in-clinic process and a homecare routine that must be followed strictly over a period of 12 weeks. This is followed by a homecare maintenance program over the duration of a minimum of 6 months, but preferably 12 months to lock in the results.
What to expect before starting the program:
- During a Visia Skin Scan, your MediSpa Therapist will provide a thorough skin diagnostic and confirm if you are a candidate for the Cosmelan Depigmentation Treatment.
- You will be provided with a consultation form explaining all the ins and outs as to what you are required to do throughout the program.
- You should stop using all glycolic and retinol products at least 1 week before the scheduled Cosmelan Peel to avoid over sensitising the skin
- Although your skin will be thoroughly cleansed and prepped before your treatment, we recommend that you arrive for your appointment without make up to ensure the best penetration of the active ingredients.
What does the Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment involve?
- 1. Your therapist will cleanse the skin and prepare it with a PH regulator and degreasing solution before applying a thick, clay like mask which contains a blend of Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutin and Titanium Dioxide. These are all naturally derived acids which work together to reverse hyperpigmentation. You may experience medium to high leels of tingling on the skin, redness and swelling during and after the procedure, but
the stinging will reduce substantially before you leave the clinic. The Factor K cream will be your best friend to soothe and calm the skin over the next few weeks, as it relieves the red, itchy skin and supports the skin’s recovery.
- The mask remains on the skin for 8 to 12 hours depending on your skin type and must be kept damp throughout, until removal with a gentle cleanser. All you have to do now is to apply the Cosmelan Homecare Cream with Factor K twice daily to maintain and to continue to improve the results achieved by the In-Clinic Treatment, also preventing the occurrence of new brown spots or hyperpigmentation. The homecare cream should be used for a minimum of 6 months,
but preferable for a duration of 12 months after the Cosmelan Peel.
- Visit the spa 3 days later for a healing cleanse, LED Light and Recovery Sheet Mask to kickstart the healing phase.
- Your therapist will schedule 3 more recovery LED Lights for you and we highly recommend having the Energy C Facial, 4 weeks post peel to restore the hydrolipidic layer of the skin.
- Your therapist will give you clear instructions to follow, but it is best to plan your Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment in the morning to avoid excess sun exposure and for managing the task of keeping the product damp until removal, otherwise you will be up all night. It is best to schedule the Cosmelan Peel for a day when you can stay at home.
- Peeling, flaking, sensitivity, redness and swelling generally only lasts 5 days, but if your body heals slowly under normal circumstances then it could take up to 8 days for all the flaking to pass. The most important thing is NEVER to pull, tug or encourage peeling skin to shed. Let it slough off naturally, otherwise you may cause hyperpigmentation all over again.
What to expect during and after the Cosmelan Chloasma or Melasma Depigmentation Treatment
During the application, your skin will feel warm, which some find mildly uncomfortable but completely bearable and your therapist will provide a fan to help cool your skin. Day 1 the skin is tight, red, and slightly swollen. Day 2 your skin will be red, slightly itchy, and irritated, as can be expected. Day 3 the flaking will start and concludes approximately on day 5. The discomfort is minor compared to the results. You may use a BB or a CC cream from day 5 if you want to cover up the visible redness and remember to wear sunscreen every day to protect the new skin.
In most cases clients report up to 95% reduction of hyperpigmentation in the skin. A continued reduction in the skin’s pigment may be seen with daily application of Cosmelan 2.
Book a Specialist Consultation with Temple to say goodbye to dark patches now. Or call us at 9634 2411.
What are your Skin Goals this year? We’d love to help you achieve them. Learn more about Temple Skincare’s Medispa Services by clicking here.