Here’s an expert’s advice on how to do microneedling at home.
While widely available, there a few do’s and don’ts with how to do microneedling at home. Now that staying at home is the new norm with covid19, Temple Skincare & Spa’s team of experts are here to help you with easy, at-home solutions to help you find ways to maintain your skin-health and self-care routines.
Why do microneedling?
Commonly, the home-use micro-needling system offers 0.25 mm penetration. This provides deeper penetration of active ingredients to get bigger results for conditions like pigmentation, lines and wrinkles, skin texture, pore size and non-inflamed congestion like blackheads or trapped oil under the skin.
Some things to Remember
Microneedling kits are fantastic at-home tools for skincare but, it is important that the roller you use has pins made of medical grade stainless steel or titanium to avoid “hooking” the skin.
The procedure must be performed on clean skin, so best to do at night after a thorough double cleanse. It should also be disinfected before storage and before each use. It must never be shared and should be for personal use only.
Steps on how to perform microneedling at home
- Divide your face into 5 sections (see the illustration below).
- Rolling action to take place in a star formation within each section to ensure even coverage (see the illustration below).
- In section 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 roll left to right, up and down, then lastly roll both diagonal angles.
Do’s and Don’ts in microneedling at home
- Do not overwork any of the sections. The total rolling procedure should be limited to 6 rolls per “line”.
- Take care when working directly underneath the eyes, by rolling gently and in one direction only.
- Avoid placing pressure on boney areas and use light rolling action. The microneedles are sharp and do the work without additional pressure.
- Only infuse skin-compatible serums that will not cause skin irritation. Great ingredients are our Vitamin A, C & E Serum, Hyaluronic Acid, Illuma Serum or Max Stem Cell Serum.
- Use the Dermaroller 3 times per week at night to infuse your favorite serum and follow with a Supercharge Results Mask like Vit C Sheet Mask, Hydrogel Hyaluronic Mask or Max Stem Cell Mask.
- Regardless of using a microneedler or not, a minimum SPF 30 with Zinc as the key ingredient should be applied daily. We love the Image SPF Range which offers a variety of Matt or Hydrating product options.
Temple is continuously finding ways on how we can support you, our Temple Family, throughout this crisis. We are planning a range of video tutorials to support you with the best program for your skin during the lockdown and beyond.
Be on the lookout too for more blog posts from us with expert advice and the same signature care we have for your skin.
We’ve also established Temple Family Facebook Group. We happily invite you to join us there to keep each other company or to vent. And most importantly, to seek and receive skincare advice.
Here’s to happy, healthy, glowing skin, even during lockdown!
Temple remains contactable during lockdown. For queries, call us at 9634 2411, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us too in Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date with our skin advice series.